Vietnam Coalition for Education for All (VCEFA) is a network of 36 members including local NGOs, INGOs, research centers and individuals who work on EFA, on the rights of women, children, ethnic minority and vulnerable groups and who are passionate about education. We shared the same vision toward an equal, inclusive and quality education for all in Vietnam. Our goal is to create a common voice and consensus of international and local civil society organizations via policy advocacy work aiming at contributing to and engaging with Vietnam's government in the achievement of the EFA goals.
Members of our network
- Ministry of Education and Training
- ActionAid Vietnam
- ChildFund Vietnam
- Plan in Vietnam
- Room to Read
- Save the Children
- Center for Education and Development
- World Vision Vietnam
Global Action Week in Vietnam
Members of our network
- Improve teacher quality:
- - Adopt child-centered teaching approach
- - Re-assess teacher training
- - Support teachers' on going capacity building
- - Re-assess teacher's recruitment and teacher's perfomance
Who are we targeting during this year's campaign?
Ministry of Eduction and Training
Ministry of Home Affairs
What activities are we running during Global Action Week?
- - Sharing stories on the impressions about teachers
- - Policy debates at schools
- - A national launching event with a round table discussion on the issues around teacher quality
- - A newspaper forum entitled “Quality Teaching and Learning in the 21 Century” on Education and Times Newspapers (online and hard copy) and on Education Magazine from April until August 2013
- - Communication/media activities prior to, during and after the action week (Press release, documentary, news on newspapers, radio and TV; posters, banners and other communication products to disseminate GAW messages)
Our national event
23 April 2013 at
Our media campaign
- Posters with information about GAW 2013 in Vietnam and with key message "Every child has the right to good teachers" disseminated in schools, communities prior to the week. Press release, documentary, newspapers and radio articles, TV news, posters, banners and other communication products aired/distributed/disseminated during and after the action week. A newspaper writing forum entitled “Quality Teaching and Learning in the 21 Century” will run on Education and Times Newspapers (online and hard copy) and on Education Magazine from April until August 2013.