the Palestinian Coalition for Safe Schools (a coalition composed of over 25 active institutions promoting children’s rights and civic education values, which leads the Global Campaign for Education and other campaigns in Palestine); in 2010, the Coalition for Safe Educational Environment mobilized one million Palestinians in the GCE campaign. It has been participating in GAWs of GCE since 2008.
Members of our network
- مركز ابداع المعلم- Teacher creativity center
- مؤسسة الحق في اللعب - Right To Play
- الاغاثة الزراعية- Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees
- الإغاثة الطبية- Palestinian Medical Relief Society
- مجموعة الهيدرولوجيين- Palestinian Hydrology Group for Water & Environment Resources Development
- مؤسسة الدفاع عن الحريات- Hurrayyat
- مركزمصادر الطفولة المبكر- Early childhood resource center
- اتحاد لجان العمل الصحي- Union of Medical Work Committees
- جمعية تنمية المراة الريفية- Rural Women's Development Society
- مؤسسة تامر- Tamer Institute for Community Education
- جمعية مدرسة الامهات- Mothers school society
- مركز الدراسات النسوية - Women Studies Center
- مركز الفن الشعبي- Popular art Center
- الاتحاد العام للمعلمين الفلسطينيين- General Union for Palestinian Teachers
- طاقم شؤون المرأة - Women Technical Committees
- مركز يافا الثقافي - Yafa Cultural Center
- الاتحاد العام للمرأة الفلسطينية - General Union of Palestinian Women
- كتلة نضال المرأة – Women Struggle Group
- مجلس الخدمات المشترك – Combined Services Council
- مؤسسة حوار للتنمية المجتمعية – Hewar (Dialogue) Community Development Center
- اتحاد الجمعيات التعاونية للتوفير والتسليف – Union of Cooperatives for developmental projects
- جمعية رعاية الطفل – Child Care Society.
- School Comunity Committees in 17 communities
Global Action Week in Palestinian Territory
Members of our network
- The Statement of Demands for the Coalition includes the following demands that are addressed to educational decision makers in Palestine:
- - Recognition of teaching as a profession in Palestine.
- - Amending and unifying the law of retirement from teaching.
- - Hiring sufficient numbers of teachers to decrease workload on teachers
- - Increasing budgets allocated to education in the Palestinian government's general budget.
- - Implementation of the amended civil service law as soon as possible.
- - Giving priority to teachers' salaries in light of the financial crisis in Palestine.
- - Establishing higher education fund to support education of teachers' families.
- - Increasing the bonus allowance for all teachers who teach in Jerusalem, not only for those who live and teach in Jerusalem.
- - Investing recognition of the Palestinian state in international organizations and agencies to increase international solidarity with Palestinian teachers and students and against occupation.
Who are we targeting during this year's campaign?
President (the statement of demands will be submitted to the President)
members of the Educational Committee in the Palestinian Legislative Council.
Main Districts' Governors (6 districts)
Minister of Education
What activities are we running during Global Action Week?
- The Coalition organizes, in cooperation with the ministry of education and UNRWA education office, a number of activities in the Palestinian schools in West Bank and Gaza. This includes:
- 1. Press Conference to Launch the Global Action Week-2013 officially – 18/4/2013 – Coalition, MoE & UNRWA – Headquarters of MoE in Ramallah – 11:00 am.
- 2. Allocating one class period to discuss teachers' rights in all schools of West Bank with parents, local authorities' representatives and politicians.
- 3. Giving special speeches about importance of supporting teachers at West Bank schools' morning programs on 22-23/4/2013.
- 4. Putting the issue of teachers' rights as a theme for private schools' morning meetings in West Bank, with presence of parents and political and public figures.
- 5. Coordination with MoE and UNRWA to implement the Big Day in most of the Palestinian schools (22-23/4/2013) with hosting of politicians and public figures.
- 6. Publication of a paper about the status of teachers in Palestine conducted by the Teacher Creativity Center.
- 7. Round table discussion focusing on the paper on teachers' status and role of politicians in supporting teachers 24/4/2013).
- 8. Coordination with Ministry of Religious affairs to specify Friday prayers' speeches to the importance of improving social and economic status of teachers (26/4/2013).
- 9. Distributing and publishing the film "A Day in A Teacher's Life" in media and schools.
- 10. Submitting the Coalition's statement of demands to the President.
- 11. A final central march in Ramallah, with vast participation of teachers, member s of the general union of teachers in coordination with the Coalition members (28/4/2013).
- Detailed Program of GAW 2013 in Palestine:
- Self-organized Activities by Coalition members in West Bank
- 1. Awareness workshop in Nablus – 16/4/2013 – Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees.
- 2. A debate activity between teachers and students around rights and responsibilities of teachers – Women Studies Center – Adel Zaiter School in Nablus – 17/4/2013 – 10:00-12:00.
- 3. Painting workshops and creative writing workshops in Hebron, Jenin and Qalqilia – Tamer Institute for Community Education – 17/4/2013.
- 4. Press Conference to Launch the Global Action Week-2013 officially – 18/4/2013 – Coalition, MoE & UNRWA – Headquarters of MoE in Ramallah – 11:00 am.
- 5. Meeting with Media personnel at TCC's meetings hall to provide them with more details on GCE Action Week 2013 – TCC – 18/4/3013 – 2:00-4:00.
- 6. Central Marathon to support and honor teachers – 20/4/2013 – TCC & Right to Play – Ramallah from President's Office to Legislative Council Square – 10:00 am under auspices of Ramallah Governor Dr. Laila Ghannam and Legislative Council's Educational Committee.
- 7. Play Day – Right to Play – Amaary Refugees Camp in Ramallah – 18/4/2013.
- 8. A meeting on teachers' rights with students and teachers – Qaryout school – 18/4/2013 – Popular Art Center.
- 9. Teachers' Products Gallery in Nablus – 18/4/2013 – Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees.
- 10. Local Marathons in Hebron, Jenin, Qabatya, Qalqilia and Toulkarm cities – 20/4/2013 – TCC, School Community Committees, Women Union and Mothers' School.
- 11. Five meetings with students' leadership groups and parent councils to send letters of support for teachers – Mothers' School – Nablus and Askar refugees Camp – 20/4/2013.
- 12. Open day with mothers and teachers that will be concluded by honoring kindergarten teachers – Faihaa Kindergarten – Mothers' School – 21/4/2013.
- 13. A workshop on teachers' rights and mechanisms for support by parents – Qaraweh school (Salfit) and Beit Leqia school (Ramallah) - Palestinian Hydrology Group for Water & Environment Resources Development – 18 & 21/4/2013.
- 14. Free Medical Examinations for teachers and awareness activities in schools in Nablus (Beit Imreen girls school, Beit Imreen boys school, Sameer Saad Addin girls school, Ibn Hizem school and Alkindy school) – 22-23/4/2013 - Palestinian Medical Relief Society.
- 15. Free Medical Examinations for teachers and awareness activities in schools in Jenin (Seelit Thaheria girls school, Masscat girls school and Kuffer Raai school) – 22-23/4/2013 - Palestinian Medical Relief Society.
- 16. Free Medical Examinations for teachers and awareness activities in schools in Jericho (Ali bin Abi Taleb boys school, Arreha grls school, Trasenta School and Zahret Almadain school) – 22-23/4/2013 - Palestinian Medical Relief Society.
- 17. Free Medical Examinations for teachers and awareness activities in schools in Jerusalem (Arram boys school and Hezma girls school) – 22-24/4/2013 - Palestinian Medical Relief Society.
- 18. Free Medical Examinations for teachers and awareness activities in schools in Ramallah (Beit Ello girls school, Beit Ello co-ed school, Jammaleh co-ed school and Deir Bezee girls school) – 22-24/4/2013 - Palestinian Medical Relief Society.
- 19. Free Medical Examinations for teachers and awareness activities in schools in Bethlehem and Hebron (Bawabet Alamal school, Jurmuq school, Nahaleen boys school, Halabi co-ed school, Rahmeh co-ed school, joret ashamee school and Rwabi alquds school) – 22-25/4/2013 - Palestinian Medical Relief Society.
- 20. Photography activity jointly between teachers and students – Hurrayyat organization – Ramallah Boys school.
- 21. A meeting with principals and supervisors of kindergartens – Early Childhood Resource Center – 22/4/2013 – Jerusalem.
- 22. Sending flowers to teachers - Scouts' activity in Balata Refugees' Camp – Nablus – 23/4/2013 – Yafa Culteral center.
- 23. Round table on Teachers' roles and rights – Palestinian Women Union – the Union's headquarters in Ramallah – 23/4/2013.
- 24. A meeting with kindergarten teachers – Early Childhood Resource Center – 23/4/2013 – Hebron.
- 25. A meeting with kindergarten teachers – Early Childhood Resource Center – 24/4/2013 – Jerusalem.
- 26. A meeting with mothers of Hewara kindergarten children – Early Childhood Resource Center – 24/4/2013 – Nablus.
- 27. A meeting with mothers of kindergarten children – Early Childhood Resource Center – 24/4/2013 – Jerusalem.
- 28. A study day at the headquarters of the Union of Medical Work Committees about teachers of Jerusalem and their rights – 24/4/2013 – Beit Hanina –Jerusalem.
- 29. Ten meetings with women bin villages to discuss the theme of the GAW2013 – Rural Women Development Society – 21/4/2013 – in different locations in West Bank.
- 30. Round table to discuss the paper produced by TCC on teachers' status and role of politicians in improving teachers' status – TCC & Union of Medical Work Committees – 24/4/2013 – Ramallah (Cultural Palace meeting room).
- 31. Impact of teachers' strikes on students – a workshop in Albireh Municipality Hall – Women Struggle Group – 24/4/2013.
- 32. How to replace violence with dialogue in classrooms – a workshop with 4th grade students in Golden Jubilee school in Betounia – Hewar Community Development center – 10/4/2013.
- Self-organized Activities by Coalition members in Gaza
- 1. Meeting with children, children's families and teachers to know each other entitled "let us think together" - Khoza'a prep school for boys (west khanyounos) – 20/4/2013 – 9:00-11:30.
- 2. 8 activities in friendly spaces centers and family centers – 21/4/2013.
- 3. Press conference announcing the start of the activities of the global campaign for education 2013 – Al-quds Open University – Gaza – 21/4/2013 – 9:00-10:00.
- 4. Training for students on the use of modern technology in education - Al – Anqaa society for community development – 21/4/2013 – 10:00 – 12:00.
- 5. Workshop entitled "patterns of imagination across the curriculum" - Qattan educational center – 21/4/2013 – 11:00 – 2:00.
- 6. Raise your voice activity with children, teachers and families – 21/4/2013 – 1:30 – 2:30.
- 7. Cultural competitions for adults - Red Crescent society library – 21/4/2013 – 11:30 – 12:30.
- 8. "express feelings" and communication activity - Bait hanoun prep school(B) for girls – 21/4/2013 – 11:3- - 12:12:30.
- 9. 13 workshops with animators and youth teams in tamer centers (40 in every center) on the theme of the campaign (bridging the gap in the shortage of qualified teacher) – 22/4/2013.
- 10. Workshop entitled 'the importance of education in our lives" - Al – Anqaa society for community development. – 22/4/2013.
- 11. Sea Murals - Nowar educational center – 22/4/2013.
- 12. View of active learning program - Al-shourok &al-Amal club – 22/4/2013.
- 13. View of active learning program - Nowar educational cent – 22/4/2013.
- 14. Seminar for mothers about the importance of education for adults – Red Crescent library – 22/4/2013.
- 15. Workshop entitled "Digital story" - Islamic university – 22/4/2013.
- 16. Success story for a teacher – Palestine University - 22/4/2013.
- 17. "listen to me I listen to you" activity - Bureij prep B school for boys – 22/4/2013.
- 18. Teacher training workshop in order to produce teaching methods by using active learning - Red crescent society library – 23//2013.
- 19. Vocational education for teachers of adults - Educational forum head quarter-middle of Gaza – 23/4/2013.
- 20. Seminar about "license for practicing teaching career" – 23/4/2013.
- 21. "It is my right" activity – 23/4/2013.
- 22. Meeting with group of teachers in schools that work with tamer (3 teacher from each school and 6 schools) – 24/4/2013.
- 23. Palestine university - Educational seminar "the criteria of selection successful teacher" – 24/4/2013.
- 24. Al – Anqaa society for community developments - Teaching thinking skills to increase academic achievements – 24/4/2013.
- 25. Al-Ataa charity association - Play sketch entitled "Teacher diaries", view success stories - Red crescent society library – 24/4/2013.
- 26. Al fukhary prep school for girls - (Khanyounos –European circle) - Meeting with children, children's families and teachers to know each other under title "listen to me I listen to you" – 24/4/2013.
- 27. Red crescent society library - Workshop entitled "education methods" – 24/4/2013.
- 28. Al-quds open university - Work shop entitled "the role of the teacher in the school" – 25/4/2013.
- 29. Abu tuaima school for girls (east Khanyounis) - Meeting with children, children's families and teachers to know each other under title "we love you. Love us more" – 25/4/2013.
- 30. Ministry of religious affairs - Friday paryer speech about teachers rights -26/4/2013.
- 31. University College for applied science - Workshop about sport education between reality and ambition – 27/4/2013.
- 32. University college for applied science - Ceremony for ending the global campaign for education 2013 – 27/4/2013
- 33. D.V.V international - Visits for 5 adults educational centers – 27/4/2013.
Our national event