Education For All Somalia (EFASOM) is a non-governmental, non-profit making organization working to ensure all Somali people the right to quality and safe education in all situations, in emergencies and post-crisis recovery. EFASOM was formed by a group of scholars and educationists from civil society organizations including human rights, center for disabilities, media outlets, youth leagues and children reintegration centers.
• Education is a human right for all;
• Education is vital to empower women and girls;
• Education programmes can lift economically and socially marginalized adults and children out of poverty;
• Education in humanitarian action can be life saving and life sustaining;
• Education programmes provide protection, psychosocial support and a basis for social and economic development and peace building;
• EFASOM unites to some extent reach the goal of having all Somali children complete primary school by 2025 with quality teachers. EFASOM has a mission to eliminate barriers of education in Somalia. EFASOM will get all school-aged children into school and to keep them there requires the recruitment of thousands of new professional high-quality teachers.
Who are we targeting during this year's campaign?
Targeting government, teachers, parents, as well as children, we have various activities to promote education.